These conditions have been drawn up for the benefit of Carbonkiller, a project of WISE (World Information Service on Energy) that has come about with the support of Greenchoice. The participant agrees with the Carbonkiller terms and conditions which read as follows:
- The participant gives permission for the processing of personal data in connection with participation in Carbonkiller. WISE may record the personal data in its database, which will be treated confidentially.
- The personal data will be used to keep participants informed of the activities related to Carbonkiller and the European emission trading.
- The participant gives permission to Carbonkiller and Greenchoice to possibly be approached for other promotions and offers.
- The participant can unsubscribe at any time for e-mailings or newsletters.
- The Participant has the right to request that personal data be accessed, deleted, restricted, rectified, objected to processing, the right to data portability and the right to withdraw the consent and submit a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Buying and destroying CO2 emission permits
- By CO2 rights we always mean European Union Allowances (EUAs) in the context of Carbonkiller that originate from the European Emissions Trading System (EU ETS).
- In fact, you buy CO2 rights that are destroyed by us on purchase. Once the purchase has been completed, it can not be reversed.
- WISE has the right at all times to outsource the purchase and destruction of EUAs to a third party.
- WISE can not guarantee that actual CO2 compensation will take place with the purchase and cancellation of a CO2 right. The Carbonkiller project is specifically intended to expose the weaknesses of the system and to build up political pressure to improve the system.
- At Carbonkiller, allowances can be purchased by persons who are of age and by persons who are underage (younger than 18) if they have written permission from a parent.
- Participants who demonstrably abuse Carbonkiller can be excluded from participation.
- WISE has the right to terminate, suspend or change Carbonkiller at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- WISE or its auxiliary agents or third parties engaged by it can not be held liable for any damage, direct and / or indirect, arising from or in any other way related to Carbonkiller.
- Dutch law applies to these conditions.
Adress: Minahassastraat 1 / room 103, 1094 RS Amsterdam
Post: PO Box 59636, 1040 LC Amsterdam; +31 - (0) 20 - 6126368; firstname.lastname@example.org